Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Software Review: Elation Elumination


Today I thought I'd start doing some software reviews. Today I'm going to start with Elation Lighting "Elumination Software". This software let's you control up to 8 groups at one time with 8 different light banks. Along with each bank, you can program up to 48 different fixtures. This software gives you the same capability as a normal light board.If you can look at the image, you can see that I have programed 2 Intelligent scanners which I can change how it moves, the gobos, color fixtures, and so much more. Also I have 8 color LED's from American DJ, and 11 LED par can lights from Elation (good for any preach or stage white lights).

Personally, I've always been the one to run lights from multiple light boards, one for intelligent lights and one for everything else (including house lights), but I like this program because I can control all that just from my laptop (and I have a small laptop [netbook]) and it's a free software. Now you maybe wondering. "Don't you need a special cord to run lights from a computer?" Yes you do, and it's cheap. All you need is a USB to DMX cable, then attach the DMX end to the other end of another DMX cable and it will work. Hope this helps! Next I'll start doing worship softwares!

No comments:

Post a Comment