Sunday, February 27, 2011

Four Thoughts on Winter Retreat


  1. Working with multiple light boards

    This weekend I worked with three different light boards. Elation's Stage Desk 16, Chauvet's Obey 70 DMX board, and NSI's MLC 16 motorized light board. When you work a productions, I've figured it's never too late for last minute changes. Friday morning when I got up to Erie, all the lights were in position and ready to go. But 2 hours before service started, we had to change 2 of the American DJ AccuColor's and made them spot lights. One for the lead singer (By the way, Shay Mooney is awesome! :D), and one as a spot light for the front of the room. It took me till Saturday Afternoon to figure out how to program one board. But in the end, it all ended up great and it was a successful production

  2. Shakeable things in my life need to be "Unshakable'', and no one can change them

    The theme for the weekend was "Unshakable". So I've realized that a lot of things in my life need to be Unshakable. Like school, my family, work, and my tech ministries. But the most important one that I felt had to be #1 priority is my relationship with God. That has to be the top one in my life.

    These last two are self explanatory:

  3. I need more than 6 hours a night for sleeping during retreat
  4. Take a church production set up, play a move like Despicable Me, and it sounds and looks awesome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment